Going Tankless and Maximizing the Efficiency of Your Water Consumption in Edmonton
Tankless water heaters are a great investment for any home in Edmonton because they are capable of supplying an endless supply of piping hot water to every bathroom and sink in your Edmonton home and they save a ton of money in the long-run.
Upgrade and Enjoy the Benefits
There are a lot of benefits to upgrading your current tank-type water heater to a high-efficiency tankless water heater. Tank-types have been the industry standard for many decades now but homeowners in Edmonton and abroad are rapidly realizing the superior functionality, convenience and affordability of tankless water heaters. The following list will fill you in on the key features that make these water heater systems a no-brainer for home owners.
- Efficient Use – One of the main differences between tank-type and tankless water heaters is that tank-type heaters depend on a reservoir of hot water stored in a tank (hence the name) to supply hot water to a home. This reservoir needs to be heated periodically throughout the day to stay hot. Tankless heaters do not operate all day and are therefore require much less energy to operate.
- Save Space – Tankless water heaters do not require a lot of space. Many of them in fact can be mounted against a wall in a small closet or in a laundry room.
- No Wait for Hot Water – As long as the gas or the electricity used to power your unit is readily available, so will an unlimited supply of hot water.
- Avoid Home Catastrophes – If you have ever had a water tank burst on you then you probably know exactly what we are talking about. With tankless water heaters, there is no risk of burst tanks and major water damage because there is no idle reservoir at any time.
These are just a few of the great advantages that come with a tankless water heater upgrade. If you are concerned about initial cost and instillation, we invite you to give us a call for a 100% free quote and ask us any questions you may have.
What You Should Know About Tankless Water Heaters
On average, 15% of a home’s total energy consumption is used to heat its water supply. Most modern EnergyStar certified tankless water heaters help homeowners save somewhere between 10 and 15 percent on their energy and heating bills.
- Electric Vs. Gas Tankless Heaters – The concept and operation between natural gas or propane powered tankless heaters is essentially the same as electric powered units; both employ a coil that is heated by gas or electricity to warm the water on demand. You may want to know however that gas-powered tankless heaters save an average of $108 dollars in utilities every year while electric units are estimated to save an average of $44 a year.
- The Green Effect – Initially, this type of hot water heater is better for the environment because they consume less energy but what many people overlook is that they are smaller and do not employ a large tank that ends up being garbage and thrown into a landfill.
- Longer Warranties – Tankless water heaters typically come with longer factory warranties than traditional units which is great for when you don’t want to have to worry about maintenance or repair costs.
Which Brand is Right for You
Rinnai: The latest Rinnai tankless water heaters use 40% less energy on average than tank-types. They are known for their durability and can last up to 20 years which makes this brand a great choice if you are looking for something that will stand the test of time.
Navien: The technological innovations of the Navein company have eliminated the “cold water sandwich” problem that other brands sometimes encounter. This is when these hot water heaters produce cold water in between uses.
Ecosmart: Ecosmart has a wide range of tankless heater models and can be applied to heat water for the home, hot tub, pools, radiant heating systems and more.
If you are interested in these or any other brands of tankless water heater, you can call us to request a free quote or fill out the quote form here on our site.
We Can Help You Make the Switch
There may be a lot to consider when making the switch to a tankless system but we are here to help. We can answer any further questions you may have, offer a free and easy quote, tell you about our rent to own financing and put our certified installation technicians to work for you. Get in touch with us very soon!
Fill out your info below and we'll get in touch with you right away!